Monday, February 22, 2010

Introduction

Hiya, and welcome to quite possibly one of the most eclectic and cracked-out collections of thoughts and ideas that you'll ever run across. Some things to know before you start reading:

You can call me "Ro." Many people do. Also, "Roski," "Roski Bill," "Roski Bilowski," "Skible," "The Big Ro," "Roseph," "Lightning," and "Reaux."

As of the beginning of this blog, I'm in my mid-20s.

I'm a crazy-huge fan of video games, and I'm currently on a bit of a retro game kick. Sonic the hedgehog will rock you like a hurricane.

I watch dubbed anime. I also watch subbed anime, but people don't draw the same fun conclusions from the latter. I tend heavily towards action and comedy, but there's also quite a few that are campy, cheesy, just plain girly, or otherwise unexpected. Yes, I'm an otaku, but not in the crazed sense.

Due to the fact that I missed out on a lot of classic games growing up, as well as not getting into anime until relatively recently, I very nearly named this blog "The Latebloomer Otaku and Gamer." However, that would have ignored one of my greatest interests...

Fiction writing. Some days, I eat, sleep, and breathe it. Others, I'm lucky if I manage to put the word "me" together with any valid adjective(usually "hungry," on such days). But, despite that, I'm crazy about wanting to become a successful fiction novelist, specifically in the fantasy and sci-fi genres. And I'm making some headway - I've written three books thus far, which are all in various stages of being edited, with literally hundreds of future novels on the way, approximately 723% of which will become bestsellers one day. Possibly thousands.

I'm at least partially convinced that robots(of the giant, and maybe even the combining, varieties) and mad scientry are valid solutions to most problems in life(whatever can't be solved with guts and a fiery, passionate spirit, at least).

I play Dungeons and Dragons like a bandit. I love adopting other personas, and it's one of the ripest fields for totally stealing ideas from friends to put into my stories ^_^.

In case you haven't picked it up by now, I can be a random and eccentric individual. Go with that feeling - it'll grow on you, and you'll find my randomness cheeky and fun. It's true.

That about sums up what this blog will be about. Through the conflicting and convoluted mess that makes up most of my thought process, I'll be trying to piece together something resembling a writing career, as well as generally ruminating on whatever piques my curiosity. It looks to be a long and strange ride, and bringing weapons is highly encouraged. Welcome aboard.

P.S. - If you're curious about the name, it was chosen due to the fact that I'm an apprentice ninja. I still have a bit of study remaining, but indications from my instructors are that I'm practically a shoo-in. Thanks to Honorary Apprentice Ninja L.W. for the suggestion ^_^.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Ro!


-Rycaltor

tfulwider said...

I think one day we will be forced into slavery by a race of giant robots. These robots will have the power to transforms into things. Powerful things like a Camaro or a Big Rig Truck.